Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows 95

To: toberper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: heather.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows 95
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:43:25 +1000

Trev & Dolf Oberholster <toberper@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Heather Jones wrote:

> > When I look on the metaserver it shows up as follows under the server
> > message:
> > unstable pre-1.8: beware

>   Does anyone have a fix for it because i have the same problem

I don't know about the X problems, but as far as the above
goes, according to the Win32 version web page
(http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corner/2874/)
the latest Win32 version is:
   "for Freeciv 1.8.0 (built 07-Mar-1999 from CVS)"

If that is correct, Freeciv at that date was actually a
pre-1.8.0 beta version, and _not_ really version 1.8.0.

To Todd: any chance of an update to the release 1.8.0 version
and/or to recent CVS?

Regards,
-- David