Re: [Freeciv-Dev] war heads

To: Trev & Dolf Oberholster <toberper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] war heads
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:42:02 +1000

Trev & Dolf Oberholster wrote:

> could someone think about what is happening in kosovo and make bombs and
> war heads

Some people might interpret that as being in rather poor taste.

Freeciv is a game, and like all games where people get hurt, are
only suitable for those of us who can make the clear distinction
between a game and reality.  Surprise surprise, Kosovo involves real
people.

I'm of the opinion that one of Sid Meier's objectives
with Civ I was to serve as a moral message:  It's a whole lot
harder to "win" when you do so by engaging in warfare.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |