[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'how to patch Freeciv' guide

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'how to patch Freeciv' guide
From: Heikki Kantola <hezu@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:15:09 +0300

According to Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Reinier Post (rp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > It would be helpful to mention that not only GNU diff, but also GNU patch
> > is much better than the version distributed with Solaris.
>
> Oh yes, definitely! :-)  (Did you also get rid of the Solaris version
> of sendmail?  They're still shipping versions with well-known major
> security holes, last time I checked....)

You propably checked before Solaris 7 came out, which should have
sendmail 8.9, which doesn't have that many fatal bugs AFAIK.

> > (I don't know
> > about other commercial versions of Unix.)
>
> Most of them don't have any version of "patch" at all.

Um, from the selection of commercial Unicen (Compaq Tru64 (formerly
digital) UNIX, Solaris, HP-UX) I've access to, all have patch-progs,
although they're indeed inferior when compared with GNU one...

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <Heikki.Kantola@xxxxxx>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan