Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diff, patch ,cvs setup ,cvs commands and freeciv polic

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diff, patch ,cvs setup ,cvs commands and freeciv policy.
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:39:45 -0400

Nicolas Brunel (brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>     some time ago, Greg Wooledge did a very detailled answer on how to
> use diff and submit patches. With David Pfitzner, we have completed this
> document. It is intendend for newby freeciv hackers.

Looks pretty good.

"example" is misspelled as "exemple" in at least one place, and "line"
as "lign".

I'd put more white space around the example commands in section II.

There's an extra space and a missing newline in III.1.  Supply a URL
for "Cyclic Software".

The word "THE" in IV.3 should be lower-case, and move the period
before the parenthetical comment to the end of the sentence (after the
parentheses).

The phrase "revisions numbers" in IV.4 should be "revision numbers".

"compared" should be "compare" in the second full sentence of V.2.

"outpout" should be "output" in V.3.

There are probably more typos that I didn't catch (I wasn't originally
looking for them, but once I saw a few I scanned the remainder of the
file a tiny bit more closely ;-).

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.