[Freeciv-Dev] continent wonders

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] continent wonders
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:44:31 +0200 (MET DST)

I am working on making the buildings ruleset more flexible. However, I
need some help on what to do with wonders that have continent-wide
effects.

I have a set of variables that describe the effects of improvements that I
intend to use in the improvement struct, the city struct and the player
struct (for worldwide wonders). Whenever something needs to be calculated,
such as food production, one just adds up the modifiers for city and
world. Whenever a new building is finished, the city&world modifiers are
recalculated from the improvement modifiers of each improvement in the
city.

However, to enable continent-wide effects, I will also need a
continent-wide struct with these modifiers, ie each continent needs its
own set of variables describing modifiers applying to the continent. Is
there any good way to implement this? Does freeciv really have any idea
about continents?

Is this really an intelligible question? :)

Yours,
Per