[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv on non-linux boxes (winth MI/X)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv on non-linux boxes (winth MI/X)
From: Yannis Delmas <delmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:10:54 +0200

Dear developpers of FreeCiv,

Here is a "suggestion/idea" for FreeCiv developement. May also be in the "bugs"
section (?).

It would be great to use FreeCiv in heterogeneous environements (Linux but also
MacOS or M$Win). For that, I know there is the possible use of GTK and other
toolboxes for that systems.
Another solution is to use X11 servers on these systems. I tryed to use MI/X on
a MacOS but it did not allow my FreeCiv Xaw client to show up.
It would be great to see why it breaks down...

I can do some testing if you need but I'm not very used to X11 programming (or,
in fact, no more...).

Best wishes,

Yannis DELMAS            "Un présent sans passé est un futur sans avenir."
delmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
IUFM de Paris, 10, rue Molitor, 75016 Paris            ++33 +1 40 50 25 44