Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hoover Dam question

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hoover Dam question
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:29:08 +1000

rizos@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> According to the help text, the Hoover Dam acts
> as a Hydro Plant in every city. However, a city
> can have a Hydro Plant only if it is next to (or
> on) a Mountain or a River tile.
>
> In the program, the effect of Hoover Dam is applied to
> every city indeed (although it can be built only as the
> rule for Hydro Plant above).

Yes, this is intended.  My interpretation is that Hoover
provides lots of electricity (without pollution) which
feeds into you national electricity grid and powers all
of your cities, regardless of whether they are in suitable
locations to build hydro plants themselves.

(Or all cities on a continent in Civ1/variant, presumably
corresponding to difficulties of connecting electricity
grids between continents.)

> If this is the intended behaviour (ie, effect applied
> to _every_city_ as it is the case now), shouldn't the help
> text emphasize this point?

Could do.

-- David