[Freeciv-Dev] funny bug

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] funny bug
From: "Karl-Ingo Friese" <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 16:11:20 +0000

Hello there,

well, not a real bug. Just a funny thing that could be looked after.
In short: ´Crop´ the meta strings (the server game description).

I tried (yeees .... i didnt have to do :):

meta with this meta i am trying to find out how long i can make a meta
  description before the server or the client will crop it to ensure the window
  does not get to large. the other possible case would be that they did not
  allocate enough memory for a longer string and that the whole thing will
  crash, we will see

The result is in the attached gif file. Thought you might want to
take a peek as well.

Have fun !,
Ingo alias Chaos (for the civ gamers :)

PS: Show this picture a veteran civ gamer. He/she will laugh and then try to
    close it ... by clicking on the painted "close" button in the lower
    left. I have seen it more then once :)

--

Karl-Ingo Friese
kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx