Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Miscellaneous comments (or the night of the small pat

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Miscellaneous comments (or the night of the small patches)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:53:23 +1000

Tony Stuckey wrote:

>       I really think the best way to do this is to add game levels that
> set many options simultaneously.  The original
> Chieftain/Warlord/Prince/King/Emperor was a good design choice by
> Microprose.

Sounds reasonable to me.  Maybe have "easy", "normal", "hard"
set lots of variables (and instead have eg "skill easy" etc to
just set the AI levels).

>       Freeciv's defaults are just odd.  Most of them approximate Prince
> level, but some of them are just bizarre.  (railtrade, anyone?)

As I understand it, the defaults for railtrade (and railfood)
mimic Civ2 (supposedly intended to compensate for the extras
you can get from Supermarkets and Superhighways).

-- David