[Freeciv-Dev] Problems loading saved games with aifill > current number

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems loading saved games with aifill > current number of players.
From: Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Mar 1999 23:40:53 +0200

Hi!

 I recently had a game of freeciv, that lasted long enough that I was
unable to finish it in one session. So I save the game, and wanders
merrily down the road ...

 The next day, when I expected to finish of the last two ai's, I
expect to be able to continue by loading the saved game, but! A new
AI-player were created at the start of the game, probably because
there was fewer active players than the aifill value. For some reason
or other, this new player didn't have a single invention, which
unfortunately resulted in a infinite recursion in find_prerequisites()
in ai/aitech.c

 I was able to cure the symptoms, ie. the runaway recursion, by
providing a way out of find_prerequisites() [See enclosed patch], but
I have a feeling that somebody should take a look at the poor AI that
seemingly gets created without means.

/Wegge