[Freeciv-Dev] Menu problem - and the obvious solution

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Menu problem - and the obvious solution
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:35:39 +0200 (EET)

Yesterday I downloaded the CVS snapshot (of March 24). This time there was
no problems with respect to bzip2 (which I experienced last time around the
1.8.0). It compiled ok and I started playing.. cool :)

Everything seemed to work allright till I - for some reason - wanted to see
the city report. The menu appeared but I couldn't choose anything - thus
nor could I quit the client :)

First I suspected the KDE but then out of the clear it occurred to me: I
had Num Lock on... the same thing seems to happen with Caps Lock. I guess
this is due to Xaw menu behaviour with key modifiers and cannot be be
overcome as easily as one would think. (Is that right?)

A couple of solutions would be: the easy workaround i.e. manual unlocking
(is it possible this to be done by the client program?) or a simple warning
if locks are detected / in every case. This may not be the issue as the gtk
client comes in.

At the time I have no access (because the network connection to outside the
university seems to be down) to FAQ, so this already might be there, in
which case I'm sorry to bother you :-D

Regards,
        Mika
If you don't say anything, you won't be called on to repeat it.
                -- Calvin Coolidge