Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient error

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: sjavitt@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient error
From: Robert Donn <squirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:44:51 +1200

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 03:12:08PM -0800, solomon javitt wrote:

> I am using a RedHat 5.0 system with X.  I downloaded the freeciv RPM and
> installed it.  The civserver runs fine but when I try to run the civclient I
> get an error message:
> ./civclient: error in loading shared libraries: undefined symbol:
> __register_frame_info
>
> I have the Xpm and the Xaw3d libraries installed so I can't figure out
> what is wrong.  Please respond to sjavitt@xxxxxxxxxx

This sounds like a libc problem to me... RedHat 5.0 apparently uses a
different libc to the one the RPM was compiled against.

You could compile it yourself (good option), or perhaps upgrade your libc (or
ask the
maintainer-equivalent of the RPM to compile it against the appropriate
version, or provide multiple versions)...

Good skills (not luck),

--
Robert Donn
"IBM don't make nonstandard things.  People just cloned them wrong."