[Freeciv-Dev] Scrollbars and Science Report on freeciv 1.80.pre2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Scrollbars and Science Report on freeciv 1.80.pre2
From: Gunnar.Isaksson@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:40:12 +0100

Dear Sirs,

We are running Debian 2.1 on three PC:s at home and we have compiled
freeciv 1.8.0 pre2 with the option --with-xaw3d and installed freeciv
on all our networkconnected PC:s.

The problems we have noticed concerns only the FreeCiv client compiled
against the Xaw3d library. We haven't tried the Xaw library at all.

The 'Science Report' popup window has a different behaivour than all the
other popup windows and this must be a bug. If I don't use the blue close button
inside this window but instead clicks on the 'close button' on the frame in top
right corner of the popup window then the client simply dies. This happens
only to this Science Report window and we haven't seen it in any other window.

There is also a problem with scrollbars/slidebars in this version. The
slidebars should move in one direction on a left-mouse-click and in
another direction on a right-mouse-click but this is not the case, they
move in the same direction whether I do a left or a right mouse click.
The problem shows it's ugly face in the 'rates' popup window when moving
the slidebars and also in the main map window when you try to move the
scrollbars.

For the moment this is just a minor problem since there are other and
faster options to move in the game map and change the taxrate.

Besides these small problems we have allready enjoyed many many hours of
rocksteady network gameplay and really likes the new bitmaps.

Our neighbour has a connection to our home network so we often play
FreeCiv on 4 PC:s for hours and hours. The game is truly addictive and
we are looking forward to the final release of 1.8.0

Regards,

Gunnar Isaksson