Re: [Freeciv-Dev] png versus xpm

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] png versus xpm
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:40:26 +0000 (WET)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Hrothgar wrote:

> On 19 Mar 1999, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> freeciv.  Once the PNG book comes out (granted someone buys it and learns
> how to implement PNG in freeciv), then we can look at this more seriously.
> the transparency, alpha channels, color depth, and palette support are
> awesome and could bring our graphics up to the next level.

Actually, we could just use Imlib (yuck), or use libpng and use some sort
of dither/quantization algorithm right now.  I was working on it, but
as of late, i've worried with the GTK+ port & a MUD editor i've been
doing...

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering