Re: [Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Client-side API]

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Client-side API]
From: "F.Schaefer" <fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Mar 99 11:24:08 EST

Hi,

David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reasons freeciv itself isn't in language <insert preference here>
> have been discussed before.  Key factors to keep in mind are that
> the current code is in C, and the current developers know C.

It's not the question of: "To C or nor to C". I mean whats the problem
with the client API ? The only reason I see, can be the question how
to transfer data from client to server. And when I have new things
to tell the server I still have to write a serialization. Thats the pain.

I mentioned Java as one possibility on relying on something that allready
exists. We allready finished the discussion about C vs C++.

regards,