[Freeciv-Dev] Trading units

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Trading units
From: "John L. Kramer" <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:56:05 -0500 (EST)

>4.  Identification of units.  This is hard, and as a consequence Civ2 only
>    allows you to give units from inside cities.  However this patch lets
>    you select any non diplomatic unit, and each unit name is extended
>    to include a rough form of identification eg:

>    Riflemen in Piraeus
>    Partisan near Athenae

>    If you have three riflemen in Piraeus, then it is a lottery as to
>    which one you intended.

I'd like to start by saying, I'm new here, and don't want to step on any
toes -- so if I do, sorry.

First, the patch is an nice piece of work, I just want to pick a nit.

Wouldn't it make sense to diferentiate between Veteran and normal units in
a trade? I mean, you might have 3 riflemen at Piraeus, only one of which
is veteran. You might want to give them one of your non-veteran units,
keeping the better unit for yourself. But with this scheme, it's all up to
chance whether you give them the veteran or keep it for yourself.