Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1) Bugreport

To: fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1) Bugreport
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:12:08 +1100

"F.Schaefer" <fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) I was just playing arround and after some time when the spanish
>    conwuered some of my cities, nearly every one of my cities was
>    French !

Ok, probably you experienced a civil war!  Hopefully it was
only about half of your cities, though it may have seemed like most!

> I type 'l' for list of players at the server and then:
>
> civserver: stdinhand.c:554: name_of_skill_level: Assertion `level>0 &&
> level<=10' failed.
> NapoleonAborted
>
>    Server-Break-Down !
>
>    Does anybody know what to do here ?

Ah-ha.  Yes, the skill level wasn't being set quite correctly
for the new player created by civil war.  Easy to fix; thanks
for the bug report.

> Priviously I set the tax rate to 80% for example, then switched to despotism
> and it rest at 80% - this should not be possible, should it ?

Yep, that was a bug, but it was fixed recently.

Regards,
-- David