[Freeciv-Dev] Capability code

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Capability code
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:50:54 +1300

I'm confused.  I though the idea was to use the capability code for backwards
compatability - however, it has been removed from some places in the CVS.  In
particular, the backwards compatability of the client capability patch has
been commented out, and likewise, the capability code from the trade cities
has gone.

Now it looks to me like the current capability string of 1.8pre2 is `plused'
which means we are back in effect to the nasty old `version' days, as you need
THIS version.....

Can I please have some clarification on this.  I want to know if I should
bother adding capability code to my trade units patch (which is finished by
the way).

--

Cheers Kris...