Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug in savegame loading?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug in savegame loading?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:38:53 +1100

David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Falk Hueffner wrote:
>
> > with a not-really-recent client I had crashes when loading games. It
> > was probably because the rulesets were not yet loaded when the server was
> > trying to calculate bribing cost and dividing by the yet uninitialitzed
> > max hitpoints.
>
> You are correct.

Actually there are some other things in player_load()
which are also ruleset (or unitialized memory) dependent.
Specifically update_research() and city_incite_cost()
(the latter because city_got_building() depends on
improvement_exists() which depends on rulesets; not
sure if this can be eliminated similarly to unit_bribe_cost).

Its problematic to load rulesets prior to calling player_load()
(due to strbuffer constraints on only having one registry
open at a time, which should really be fixed sometime)
but it should be straightforward to move these things
to just after rulesets are loaded.

-- David