Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New Spaceship Gfx.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New Spaceship Gfx.
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:31:50 +0100 (MET)

Hello. David wrote:

>Although:
>- They have a bit too much of the same light grey colour for
>  my tastes.

I know, I use a LCD screen and I always use too much light colors.

>- They don't convert very well to either of the (64-colour)
>  palettes used in the release (default/engels, classic/brunus).

This is surprising. Actually, I didn't try to convert them to 64 colors
hoping they could be kept in 256. But the grey tones should easily
convert and keep a nice looking.
However, isn't it possible to keep them in 256 colours format ?

>You can actually change the shapes if you like, so long
>as they are still roughly the same size and fit together ok.

There should be no change in the code I think because I kept the size
of each part of the ship.

>I can send you a save game with a spaceship if you want to
>see what the put-together spaceship looks like?

It would be really nice, thanx. Waiting for your file. :o)

Bye.

Alexandre BERAUD