Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: check rates when switching between governments

To: rizos@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: check rates when switching between governments...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:24:55 +1100

rizos@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> The following patch fixes a long-standing problem w.r.t. the rates, namely:
> if one switches from a goverment of higher rate to another of lower rate,
> rates are not checked and one is allowed, for example, to have 100% science
> with a Republic (if switched to this from Democracy).

Good!

One minor problem (maybe).  The rate limits are also
applied in Anarchy, so if you're changing from Republic
to Democracy (say), your rates get adjusted on the way.
But they don't need to be, because I think the rates
don't actually mean anything under Anarchy.
(No science/tax/upkeep, effectively max lux.)

If the rates _really_ don't do anything under anarchy
(I think that's how its supposed to work) we could
fix this just by changing the Anarchy max rate to 100%
(+ your patch).

Regards,
-- David