Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Anoyance about present Freeciv.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Anoyance about present Freeciv.
From: Florian Klein <kleinf@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 16:18:02 +0100

Hi!

Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> Sometimes Freeciv gets to big for my screen resoloution
> 800x600 which is very anoying, it tends to happen at
> big maps.

With my 640x480 laptop screen, I usually use FVWM2 with 4x4 virtual
screens. The Civclient main window is arranged in a way that the small
and the detailed map are on different screens. So I can switch between
them with Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right.

The windows are arranged in the following way:

  0       1       2       3
  --------------------------------
a|Xterm   Xterm   Xterm
b|        CityRep Messgs
c|        [..Civclient..]
d|

> Is this bug fixed yet? Like make Freeciv not be bigger
> than the resoloution is.

I think we only need smaller tiles for this purpose :-)

That's the reason for my (stupid) idea to split at least the small and
the detailed map into separate windows. Even with 1024x768 resolution,
this would be useful (especially with large tiles).

Ciao,
Florian.