Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Explosion graphics for losing unit

To: falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Explosion graphics for losing unit
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:20:15 +1100

Falk Hueffner wrote:

> Just as a bit of eye candy, I have made a patch that adds a little
> explosion animation whenever a unit dies.
>
> The images I use are stolen from xgalaga, which is GPL, so it should
> be OK. If they get actually used in FreeCiv, we should find out who
> draw them to give credits. I have scaled it and reduced the pallette
> to fit the default tileset.

A version to fit the classic tiles would be nice, or
at least in the meantime some backward compatibility code,
to do no explosions if the tiles are the wrong size.

> The patch also cleans up the tile loading routine by foldin some
> lines that got copied-and-pasted several times into a function.

Thanks!  I noticed that that should be done when I was
doing the code for flags.xpm, but I was too slack.

> Also, I have added a delay of 100000 µs while the hit point bar gets
> decreased (there was a delay of 100 µs, I guess the author dislikes
> slow animations :).

Your change makes it too slow for me.  I don't want to be
twiddling my thumbs for several seconds every time I
make an attack (or if someone in my view makes an attack?)

But a slider which controls the speed would be nice :-)

Regards,
-- David