[Freeciv-Dev] CTP and Alpha Centauri reviewed in PC Gamer UK

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] CTP and Alpha Centauri reviewed in PC Gamer UK
From: stuckey anthony j <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:40:46 -0600 (CST)

Neil Fradkin wrote in message <79vb9a$krh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>...
>    Did they mention how terraforming is handled? Can it be automated or
>will the game become a chore micromanaging settlers like Civ games often
>became? This is my main concern.

Terraforming now works similar to the way you build in RTS games.  You set
aside a portion of your production for "public works".  You can then spend
that production building roads, farms, fisheries, etc.  To build a road
between two cities, for example, you just click the "road" button and then
click on the tiles where you want the road (it shows you how much it is
going to cost and the effect it will have on the tile).  Over a couple of
turns, roads will be built in those tiles.

Settlers are now only used for building new cities.

We have found this eliminates a LOT of micromanagement.

Peter
--
Peter "Enjolras" Karpas
Sr. Product Manager, Activision, Inc.