Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Techno-graphe

To: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Techno-graphe
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:49:52 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> > I think the actual freeciv distribution should be as small as is sensible,
> > but how about an 'official' package of additional freeciv tools and tiles ?
> > It the tools and tiles just can be acquired from some weird url,
> > they'll get lost and badly maintaine done day.
>
> I think you are rigth.
> Now most of the tilesets are in contrib/tiles.
> We can add in graphics a list of the official tileset.
> We can add in tools CivWorld civscore.pl tech.c and so one.

I think putting some of the tools into CVS would be a good idea.  There is a
lot of interdependency between the the various tools and freeciv.  They share
common code, which is a good thing.  But it also means that changes to freeciv
could break the tools.  By putting them into CVS, it's easier to fix the
tools.  It's also easier for people to hack on them and send in patches.