[Freeciv-Dev] CivWorld

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] CivWorld
From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:24:22 +0100 (MET)

Hello FreeCiv team,
Martin asked me to notify him of this, but since it may be of interest to
more than just him, I'll post it here. I just received a mail from Benjamin
Drieu, who started the CivWorld project:
> > after reading the request for help in the CivWorld project, I downloaded
> > the sources from your web page and fiddled with them over the last two
> > weeks.
> > My goal was to get out a usable, stable version as quicky as possible.
>
> It's OK.  I has just downloaded the sources.  Since I left my country, I'm
> now in a new lab on solaris only, without gtk and with a 5M quota :(, I
> can't test it now.  I'm currently installing a LinuxPPC on a G3 in another
> lab :))), so I will try your code as soon as possible.
>
> > I threw (or at least commented) out anything that wasn't directly
> > concerned with tiles and specials (gold, oil,...), updated it to work
> > with the most recent snapshot versions of FreeCiv, added some
> > functionality, and chased out some bugs.
>
> I looked at your code, which is clean.  It is a good job you threw away
> all this uneeded freeciv code, which I haden't time to do.
>
> > I hope you approve,
>
> Of course I approve !  You did a really good work, Now that I have some
> time to spend (not so much, unfortunately), I'll try to work on this tool,
> and to add some functions I thought about.
>
> The only thing this code lacks is the GPL, which I forgot to explicitly
> use.  Is it OK to add a COPYING file in the directory, and to add the GPL
> preamble at the beginning of all source files ?

Just thought to let you know,
--
Daniel "Gudy" Gudlat                (mailto:gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
ICQ-UIN: 5258903               (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~gudlat)