Re:[Freeciv-Dev] Wonder-tiles

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:[Freeciv-Dev] Wonder-tiles
From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:54:31 +0100 (MET)

Hello Freeciv team,
Martin wrote:
> I had an idea again ;) Wouldnt it be nice to have
> wonder tiles? I mean tiles with The great wall the
> pyramids, great colosos etc. They could be placed
> in one of the tiles around the citie where they are
> built.

I like that idea, now as soon as we can find someone to draw the tiles...
We could probably use the unused corner tiles in the city dialog as well:
that means room for 4 wonders, without clogging up other tiles...

> What new tileset is going to be used with 1.8.x?

I'm voting for a 30x30 version of the engels tiles. (I made one myself,
blending in some other special tiles (oil,...) I found in another tile
set, then rendered it down to 64 colors. Looks good (except for the nuke
tiles, which have lost some of their splendour in the color reduction
process) and isn't as big as the standard engels tiles, which I find a
bit too large...

If not that, then at least the brunus version of the standard tiles...

Bye,
--
Daniel "Gudy" Gudlat                (mailto:gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
ICQ-UIN: 5258903               (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~gudlat)