Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv and localization!

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv and localization!
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:34:23 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> I was wondering how Freeciv handles localization?
> There is a spanish version of Freeciv on the way BTW.
>
> How will the GTK/GNOME client stand in regards to
> localization?
>
> Has somebody else thought of that? It would be a great
> way for Freeciv to be better than Civilization I/II/III

I have done a patch for gettext support. (This is the
GNU etc standard for localisation, which makes it possible
to compile in different text sets.) I've been thinking of
pushing for inclusion of gettext into 1.8.1 along with the GTK
client, but if the cvs gods are willing, I can create a patch
now so that translations such as the above can be properly
integrated...

Yours,
Per