Re: [Freeciv-Dev] end of game

To: Bruno Cappone <bru_cappone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] end of game
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:45:19 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Bruno Cappone wrote:
> What about beeing able to build space ships????

You can build spaceships. You just need to set the correct
server-option first.

> and creating our own units???

The next version of freeciv will make it possible to edit the
statistics of all existing units without altering the code. If
you want more changes, you have to dig into the code yourself.

> why ending the rechearch tree at Platics???

Civ2 ends the research tree at Plastics (or whatnot), and freeciv aims to
follow the "civ2 standard". When the new "rulesets" become general enough,
maybe freeciv can fork off with its own default standard, while keeping
a strict civ2 ruleset for purists. I would like that.

Yours,
Per