Re:[Freeciv-Dev] that map editor thingy

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:[Freeciv-Dev] that map editor thingy
From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:02:15 +0100 (MET)

Hello FreeCiv team,
I just tried uploading the newest version of the map editor on
ftp.freeciv.org, but had to give ap as the server wasn't at its
most communicative, to put it that way.
So I don't spam the list with this, I'll make the thing available
under my homepage as
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~gudlat/civedit.tgz
I'll try to get a link up from my homepage, depending on how much
time I've got today.

For the news:
  Fixed a memory leak,
  restructured the code,
  knows how to deal with the new xpm's (separate roads.xpm),
  knows about diagonal roads,
  runs with rulests-aware CVS-Snapshots, which means it may have ceased
  to run with anything pre-rulesets.
  has new line and rectangle drawing modes.
To do:
  haven't verified that switching to rulesets hasn't adversely affected
  my patch to the FreeCiv server code (which I have updated as well to
  hopefully work with the latest snapshots)

  type 1 scenario's (maps with start positions and specials) are
  currently broken in both FreeCiv and CivWorld.

  Due to the use of off-screen drawing, having large (>100x100) maps with
  true color visuals (32 bit) and a decently large tile set (>=30x30)
  causes the X-Server to eat memory like there's no tomorrow. Need to
  figure out when to cease using off-screen pixmaps.

Bye,
--
Daniel "Gudy" Gudlat                (mailto:gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
ICQ-UIN: 5258903               (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~gudlat)