Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK client bug part II

To: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK client bug part II
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:34:04 +0000 (WET)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   I have a guaranteed way to crash the GTK+ client. (1.7.2, may be fixed now?)
>
>   (1) start the client with transparent flags off (not necessary but makes
>      things more controllable)
>   (2) turn transparent flags on
>   (3) click on a unit. (or expire the movement points of the current unit
>   or click on Next Turn.  Just get a new unit to be focused)
>
>   For some reason which I am unable to determine, clicking on a unit in this
> situation results in the message:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   serial 10402 error_code 3 request_code 61 minor_code 0
>
> aborting...
>
>   I traced into set_unit_focus() and it seems to exit without anything bad
> happening.  Given that, I can't figure out why this crash occurs, but maybe
> someone more familiar with GDK/the Freeciv GTK+ client can come up with an
> answer.

It seems i introduced the bug recently when i added some
gdk_window_clear()'s in the code.  I've fixed it now.  I'll be adding some
more changes to the GTK+ client tonight.

I should put the bugfixed version in my homepage tomorrow.

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering