Re: [Freeciv-Dev] replay feature!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] replay feature!
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:16:05 +0100

> Jake Kesinger <kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote a utility which
> can give you a game replay similar to civ1; see
> <http://www.math.ttu.edu/~kesinger/freeciv/>
> (The gamelog patches on that page are already in cvs.)

His 'civpow' program generates an animated GIF similar to Civ I's replay
map; a C port (based on the Freeciv source) is available from

http://cursus02.win.tue.nl:4321/tmp/freeciv/freeciv-dec28+gamelog+gamereport.tar.bz2

This is in fact a full Freeciv, but the interesting changes are in the
new util/ subdir, where you can build the 'gamereport' program.  It
only generates the .ppm maps; you still need a modified civpow (also
available there) to generate the animated GIF.  'gamereport' can also
generate a civscore.log from savefiles.

A Linux binary (which may happen to work for you) and some examples are
available from the same directory.

The patch is rough at the edges; for example, it links in the full
server/*.o code, which really shouldn't happen.   I have offered it
to Jake Kesinger but he hasn't replied.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx