Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv GFX, tiles, units etc.

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv GFX, tiles, units etc.
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:50:23 -0500

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 09:05:32AM -0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen was heard to
say:
> Hi!
>
> I want to hear if there is a demand for a Gfx/artists
> section at www.freeciv.org!
>
> It could be a place where the gfx developement were
> organized etc.
>
> Freeciv realy needs this as it is still lacking behind
> in the gfx area. Just look at civilization II and III
>
> Best regards
>
> Martin Willemoes Hansen

  Hi, I noticed that you added this section to the Web site.  Aren't there
several alternative tilesets at ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/contrib that
you could use?  Also, when you put up the new tilesets, it would be very useful
if you'd put up a "thumbnail" screenshot for each set, and link it to a
full-size image so we can see what they look like. (You may have been planning
to do this already, but I thought I'd request it anyway. :-) )

--
  Daniel Burrows

  Nothing is hopeless.

  PROOF:
(a) Assume the opposite.
(b) If something _is_ hopeless, then its condition can only improve.
(c) If its condition can only improve, then there must be hope for it.
(d) Therefore, nothing is hopeless.  QED.