Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv suggestions

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv suggestions
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:41:38 -0500

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 12:54:28PM +1100, David Pfitzner was heard to say:
> > I have a few suggestions
> > that might help. First, perhaps a button which centers the window on the
> > current piece.
>
> There already is: "c" for center.  Or were you thinking of something
> else?

  I think this should be done automatically when a new piece becomes active
(probably like a 2 line fix, I may do it myself).  Also, sometimes when you
load a save game the view starts centered on ocean hundreds of miles from your
units.  Not sure how to fix this though. :-) (in CivI/II the game saves your
view but since saves in Freeciv are server-side, this might be problematic.
I guess it could be done though?  Maybe just caulculate where most of the
player's units are)

--
  Daniel Burrows

  Nothing is hopeless.

  PROOF:
(a) Assume the opposite.
(b) If something _is_ hopeless, then its condition can only improve.
(c) If its condition can only improve, then there must be hope for it.
(d) Therefore, nothing is hopeless.  QED.