Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Movement problem

To: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Movement problem
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:45:46 -0600

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 09:03:35AM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
> > In the attached savegame, the diplomat cannot enter the city "Pella",
> > which is a bug, because he has more then 1 movementpoint left.
>
> It's on a hill, so he needs to have 2 MP.  The way it is now in freeciv, you
> need to have enough MP to move into the city to be able to use a diplomat on
> it.
>
> How does civ2 handle this?  Do diplomats/spys need at least 1 MP to do
> something in a city?  Do they need enough to move into the city, or do they
> only need more than 0 MP?

        If you do not have enough movement to move enter a terrain square,
Civ1 and Civ2 roll against your percent chance to do it.  This spy would
have 50% or greater chance of continuing on into the city.  Should he fail,
his movement would be exhausted, and he would stop.  If a unit is at full
movement, but their full movement is still less than the cost of moving
into the terrain square, the move succeeds automatically.
        As for performing spy actions, I don't know what exact rule Civ1
and Civ2 use.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.