Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] On submarine visibility and other remarks...

To: rizos@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] On submarine visibility and other remarks...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:47:06 +1100

rizos@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> 1. There is a bug with respect to submarines
[snip]

Pretty much agreed.  I think it becomes a bit more complicated
because the server has to calculate submarine visibility not just
when the sub moves, but when other enemy unts move nearby.  But
it should be do-able.

> 2. lines 343,344 in  server/unitfunc.c which look like:
>
>                        n_if_vowel(get_race_name(cplayer->race)[0]),
>                        get_race_name(cplayer->race),
>
>     should change to:
>
>                        n_if_vowel(get_race_name(pplayer->race)[0]),
>                        get_race_name(pplayer->race),

Yep, thanks.

> 3. After building the Statue of Liberty and after revolting,
>    i noticed that i was able to switch even to governments
>    that i had not researched. Is this a feature of the
>    Statue of Liberty or a bug? If the former, i think it needs to be
>    documented in the help pages.

Feature.  The help says:
  "Allows you to choose any government without the transition period of
   Anarchy."
Note the "any government" bit.  But it should be made clearer that
there are two effects here: any government, and no transitional
anarchy.

> 4. When a city is building "Capitalization" it is meaningless to buy it
>    (at the moment this is possible) - shouldn't the "Buy" button in the
>    city menu be disabled in this case?

Yep.  Worse, I think I once saw the AI "buy" capitalization,
though it was rather unusual circumstances...

-- David