Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] note on behaviour "help build wonder"

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] note on behaviour "help build wonder"
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:46:01 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Reinier Post wrote:
> >   So at this point I have a city building SL (500/400). Thinking to be
> > clever, I figure I'll convert the freights into production units before
> > SL gets built at the end of the turn. So I do "help build wonder" X 4.
> The city will usually switch to building something not a wonder - will this
> halve production?  Should it?

  I assumed it would halve production. That's why I was saving up for
another wonder to become available. It probably should. Then again, you
are sort of forced to change production where you probably wouldn't
otherwise. Depends how damaging losing the wonder race should be.

> >   When I look, SL is now at 400/400. Ooops. Just threw
> > away 100 + 50 X 4 = 300 production units.
> Hmm, this is an extreme case of a problem I often have:
>   Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (95 remaining).
>   Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (45 remaining).
>   Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (0 remaining).
>   Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (0 remaining).
> Agh, spoiled a caavan there ...

  Obvious paste complete with typo. hehe. ;)

> >   I probably shouldn't be able to convert freights into production
> > units above the completion value (and I can't the way the game works
> > right now). But should it null out my legitimate excess production?
> I think it should just refuse to take the caravan.

  Or, rather, "help build wonder" probably shouldn't be an option in
the popup? I assume it must check if you're building a wonder anyway,
it could also check for completion.

  Later,

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |                                                   |
                       { }        "Faggot clown powers indeed...."         { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }                - Darph Bobo, the Dark Clown,    { }