Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] note on behaviour "help build wonder"

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] note on behaviour "help build wonder"
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:28:02 +0100

>   So at this point I have a city building SL (500/400). Thinking to be
> clever, I figure I'll convert the freights into production units before
> SL gets built at the end of the turn. So I do "help build wonder" X 4.

The city will usually switch to building something not a wonder - will this
halve production?  Should it?

>   When I look, SL is now at 400/400. Ooops. Just threw
> away 100 + 50 X 4 = 300 production units.

Hmm, this is an extreme case of a problem I often have:

  Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (95 remaining).
  Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (45 remaining).
  Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (0 remaining).
  Your caravan helps building Wonmder X in city Y (0 remaining).

Agh, spoiled a caavan there ...

>   I probably shouldn't be able to convert freights into production
> units above the completion value (and I can't the way the game works
> right now). But should it null out my legitimate excess production?

I think it should just refuse to take the caravan.

--
Reinier