Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv suggestions
From: don@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 02:15:03 +0100

Let me say that I am really impressed with the quality of freeciv, and I
like the configurability that was added to 1.7.2. I have a few suggestions
that might help. First, perhaps a button which centers the window on the
current piece. Second, I noticed that the messages log allows going to a
city or popup that city. But popup doesn't center on the city. That's not
bad, but I think it's not consistent with behavior elsewhere.

Third, it makes the game slow when my cities always want to build temples
when I prefer colleseum or cathedral. Or when the city decides it wants
something silly. Any ability to prohibit a certain product, or select next
one would help. Sometimes I change immediately and lose production, sometimes
I fail to notice and build something like riflemen when I need tanks, but
always makes the game slow.

Last, sometimes a city decides to disband a unit because of food or something
but picks the one I wanted to keep. If the food really has run out (it claims
famine when losing food, not when out of food) it would be nice to pick which
unit is disbanded.

Thanks, I hope these are good ideas

Don