Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] future tech

To: Robert Donn <squirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] future tech
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:43:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Robert Donn wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 07:14:35PM +0100, Peter Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > >Does "future tech" actually do anything for me?
> >
> > It should increase your score and pollution level in each city.
> > The score thing is the important part.
>
> I suggest prompting for a name (like founding a city), defaulting to "Future
> Tech 4" or whatever - that way you could feel contented in your knowledge of
> "Ergonomics" or "Linux" for instance.  Useless, but looks better than rows
> of unknown "Future Tech"s.

I propose internet knowledge needed : computers.
Allows - the building of networks in towns.
        Networks speed up diffusion of information.
        Up keep one +25 % science production.
       - the linux wonder. ( 600 shields )
        Computer software and harware costing less and less,
        all towns of your empire have build a network.
        If your goverment is communism, despotism or monarchy
        and there is a democratic or a republic goverment in
        the game, your goverment has a 3 % percent chance by turn of
        being overthrown.

More seriously new name can be names of tech we will want to add
later to freeciv !

Bye,