Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] fortresses, was: [Freeciv] auto-attach and airplanes

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] fortresses, was: [Freeciv] auto-attach and airplanes
From: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:09:37 -0500

> I checked and it seems that there is no help about fortress.
> We can add it at the end of terrain section.

There is some help about fortresses, in the combat section.  What's needed
though, is a help section for land improvements: road/railroad, fortress,
irrigation, mine.  For each of these the help could say how long it takes,
where it can be built (e.g. irrigation only next to ocean, river, or other
irrigation) and what the benefit is.  Unfortunately "Help Improvements" is
already taken, so we'd have to come up with another name.

Another possibility would be a "Help Orders" section.  This could include
all of the above, as well as pollution, pillage (what gets removed first?),
disband (some benefit if you do it in a city), auto-settler, etc.