Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] segfault on bad DISPLAY variable

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] segfault on bad DISPLAY variable
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:17:15 +0100 (MET)

CVS current segfaults in xmain.c when I try to run civclient but do not
have my display variable set correctly (happens all the time). I don't
remember it segfaulting for that reason before, and it is not exactly
userfriendly behaviour.

It segfaults in the call to XtVaAppInitialize (in xmain.c). What is the
most graceful way to detect and handle this?

By the way, my Intrinsic.h says XtVaAppInitialize is obsolete. Is there
any reason it is being used rather than, say, XtVaOpenApplication?

Yours,
Per