Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Game Replay Script

To: kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Game Replay Script
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 22:37:29 +1100

Jake Kesinger wrote:

> I've written a little perl script that takes the .sav files from a
> game and generates an animated .gif representing the ebb and flow of
> the various civilizations.
>    http://www.math.ttu.edu/~kesinger/freeciv/

Very nice!

Doing this from the save files is nice, but presumably you could
also use your gamelog output as data to use to generate the
animation?  (With the advantages that you then get a turn-by-turn
display, and don't have to keep the save files around.)

One somewhat related thing that I think would be nice would be
to be able to specify a ouput name in the server, which the
server then uses as a filename prefix for: auto-save games,
scorelog, gamelog, etc.

-- David