Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Oops on gamelog patch

To: Jake Kesinger <kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Oops on gamelog patch
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:07:00 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Jake Kesinger wrote:

> Attached is a corrected patch against a clean 1.7.2 to add a gamelog, as
> well two new files, server/gamelog.c and server/gamelog.h
> (See
>  http://www.complete.org/mailinglists/archives/freeciv-dev-9812/msg00227.html
>  for details).
>
> This patch corrects the following problems:
>
>    1.  The new/old files were in the wrong order in my original patch.

still a little problem
have to remplace
 diff -u serer/old/Makefile.in server/Makefile.in
      --- old/Makefile.in     Sun Jan  3 14:19:27 1999
     +++ Makefile.in Sun Jan  3 18:47:46 1999
by
 diff -u server/old/Makefile.in server/Makefile.in
     --- server/old/Makefile.in     Sun Jan  3 14:19:27 1999

     +++ server/Makefile.in Sun Jan  3 18:47:46 1999

> If you have already applied my previous patch, all this one does is change
> the following lines in server/civserver.c:
> -  char *gamelog_filename=NULL;
> +  char *gamelog_filename="/dev/null";

done in your patch

> and
> -    fprintf(stderr, "  -g, --gamelog F\t\t\tUse F as game logfile\n");
> +    fprintf(stderr, "  -g, --gamelog F\t\tUse F as game logfile\n");

done by hand after applying the patch.

Once compilled, it works well.

A small example:

<Here is the ascii map of the world>

-4000 Zulus form a Republic
-4000 Egyptians form a Republic
-4000 Greeks form a Republic
-3980 Athenae (67, 14) founded by the Greeks
-3960 Greeks discover Explosives
-3920 Zimbabwe (33, 11) founded by the Zulus
-3900 Thebae (19, 44) founded by the Egyptians
-3900 Greeks discover Combustion (first)
-3860 Egyptians discover Explosives
-3860 Zulus discover Tactics
-3840 Greeks discover Flight (first)

<main events of the game>

***  1: Egyptians(2)   2: Zulus(2)   3: Greeks(2)

<race sorted by number of cities>

In civI, there was a quickreplay option.
The map was colored by the color of the race which owns a city.
We can see empire grow and decay.

Bye,