Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] re: copyrights etc.

To: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] re: copyrights etc.
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:13:45 -0600

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 11:52:41AM +0000, Mitch Davis wrote:
>   We'd be in breach of trademark if we described our program _as_
>   Civilisation, rather than "compatible to a certain extent with
>   Civilisation[tm]".  We don't assert that Freeciv is
>   Civilisation[tm], so I believe we're safe there.

        We don't?
        From the Freeciv Web Site:
"FreeCiv is an implementation of Civilization II for UNIX/X"...
        Sounds pretty straightforward to me.
        There's also no acknowledgement anywhere on this page that it's a
registered trademark of anyone.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.