Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Hoover Dam bug?

To: "'FreeCiv-dev'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Hoover Dam bug?
From: NU Euren Leif <leif.euren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:34:55 +0100

> Andrew E. Schulman:
>> # Hydro Plant
>> Reduces the amount of pollution generated in a city.  It also
:
> Does the Hoover Dam work for all of my cities anywhere on the map, or
only
> on the same continent?

This reminds me of a problem I had when I first played FreeCiv: I kept
wondering "What city is affected?" The help says that "a city" is
affected, but not which one. Only later I found out that sometimes _all_
my cities were affected...

Wouldn't it be nice to do away with this ambiguity? To let the help say
"all your cities", or "the city with the wonder", or "all cities on the
same landmass as the wonder", whichever is appropriate. Or would this be
too verbose?

Yours
/Leif Eurén