Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Blood's Music II

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Blood's Music II
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:25:35 -0600 (CST)

  Ok. Now that we are doing away with "Blood's Music II", I thought,
"you know, where did that come from?" I don't recall hearing a good
explanation other than maybe it was some kind of inside joke of the
original authors.

  I did a search and found xpilot maps that were named Blood's Music
and Blood's Music II. The author listed for Blood's Music is:
"Patrick Kenny". Authors for Blood's Music II are "Blood, TIMID,
DR.DEATH" so that doesn't help much.

  If interested, you can view the maps at:
http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/home/caxd/xpilot/maplist.html
and http://www.sdsu.edu/~boyns/maps/

  I managed to email with Patrick Kenny. All he had to offer was:

> My only guess is that the person who did the map for freeciv also played
> xpilot, and liked my map sooo much ... :)
> -pk

  So that isn't very helpful either. Does anyone know the answer to
this? If we get a good or interesting or funny answer, perhaps an
entry could go in the FAQ. It might begin the creation of freeciv
lore, which, IMHO, is an important part of a number of games (xpilot,
netrek, etc).

  Later,

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  "While reality is neither black and white nor    |
                       { }  right and wrong, those are the only ideals     { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }  against which we can evaluate our decisions."  { }