Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Play by Email

To: manfred.hechinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Play by Email
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:22:30 +1100

manfred hechinger <manfred.hechinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you guys ever thought of adding a Play-by-Email option ?

I thought about it briefly once before when someone requested
it, and decided it would be difficult.  Because freeciv is
semi-real-time, an email per turn won't work without significant
changes, and an email per packet (or per buffered transmission)
would be a lot of emails...

It would need someone who both knew how play-by-email should
work, and who was motivated enough to code it for us.
(Eg, personally I have neither the knowledge nor the motivation.)

-- David