Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] change includes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] change includes
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:41:33 +1100

Trent Piepho wrote:

> Currently all the freeciv include files are included with <>, rather than "".
>
> I purpose to change this.

I agree in principle; I always wondered why it was done the current way.

> Becomes:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include "common/packets.h"
> #include "client/climisc.h"

I would prefer _not_ to have to put the prefixes "client/" etc
in the include lines.  Though I'm not entirely sure about this...
That would mean leaving the compile lines as they are, but presumably
still help with dependencies?

One place it could be very useful not to have the explicit paths
in the source is when the GTK port starts getting integrated:
then it could be much easier just to get the -I flags correct.

-- David