Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
granarybasesize, was Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: More minor fixes...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: granarybasesize, was Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: More minor fixes...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:15:24 +1100

Peter Schaefer wrote:

> Someone fix the granary size( sorry to always whine and do nothing/not much
> myself)
> A general approach would be: introduce a variable granarybasesize,
> which is the initial granary size for a size 0 city +|<8o)
> i.e. effectivegranrysize = granarybasesize + foodboxsize*pop
>
> For current freeciv granarybasesize is 0, but the predecessor, civII,
> has granarybasesize 10.

I would prefer to leave this till after 1.7.2.  We've been playing
for a long time the current way, and hardly anyone has noticed,
and changing it now could introduce bugs, and delay 1.7.2.

Should granarybasesize be in absolute food units (as you've described)
or in foodboxsize units?  The former is more general, but could lead
to strange results if someone changes foodboxsize and forgets to change
granarybasesize.

-- David